Why knees hurt?
Knees once hurt almost everyone. We all fell, especially in childhood, broke them into the blood and even sometimes limped. But if the pain in your knees visits you in adulthood and is not due to wounds and scratches, or has been constantly present, it is worth considering why the knees ache.
Of course, it is impossible to diagnose andprescribe a cure to yourself if you're not only a doctor, but still find out what's going on with your legs, then to go to the doctor in case something happens, it's necessary.
The knees ache: the reasons
A large percentage of knee diseases are associated with his injuries: blows, falling, uncharacteristic bending of the joint. What can happen:
- Dislocation of the knee
- Displacement of calyx
- Rupture of tendons and ligaments
- Damage to the meniscus
- Fractures of the upper parts of the bones of the lower leg, patella or lower part of the femur
All these injuries are accompanied by acute pain,impaired mobility of the joint, swelling and redness, or vice versa, severe pallor, tingling and loss of knee sensitivity in the event of nerve pincers. In the event of such an injury, after immobilizing the leg, immediately go to the nearest injury center. It is advisable to call an ambulance who will give you the help you need.
Many people are interested in the question of why their feet hurtbelow the knees. Pain in the knees and below the knees can appear as a result of constant loads on the joints, which include sports training, which is why the knees ache after running. Prolonged loads lead to tissue irritation, leading to inflammation in the knee. From this, the following diseases can occur:
- Bursitis - inflammation of the mucous bag inside the knee joint.
- Tendiosis - defeat of tendons
- The appearance of thickening in the ligaments that cause popliteal pain
- Osteomyelitis and other diseases.
To exclude or confirm the data of your knee disease, you must always contact a traumatologist, orthopedist or rheumatologist.
Pain in the knees: first aid
Some measures can be taken at home, but, again, do not get involved in self-medication:
- Applying ice. After a long physical activity and in case of a knee injury, you need to apply something very cold to him, lying down on your back and lifting your leg up.
- Painful anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen, can be taken.
- The most effective is prevention. Reduce loads, train in special shoes, reduce weight, instead of running, ride a bicycle, conduct a warm-up before training.
Disease is always easier to prevent than treat. Correct and careful treatment of your body is always rewarded by the absence of all kinds of sores and injuries. Before engaging in any sport, be sure to inquire about the peculiarities of its possible influence on your body, here amateur performance is unacceptable and extremely dangerous. Be careful in winter when walking, avoid ice, wear comfortable shoes, and your knees will never hurt.