Why does the laptop turn itself off?
Almost every user has been faced with an unpleasant situation when the laptop was turned off by itself. In this case, unsaved important data was repeatedly lost. No one expects his work to be prematurely interrupted. Let's see why the laptop turns itself off and how to avoid it in the future. If the computer itself has disconnected in the process of work, it is better not to postpone it to the service center without delaying it. If this is not possible, you can try to figure it out yourself.
Causes of spontaneous shutdown
In fact, you can find a lot of reasons why a mobile computer can turn itself off. Let us dwell on the most common. Often, the laptop turns itself off or performs a reboot due to overheating. Like any other electronic device, a laptop consists of a specific chipset and various boards that have the maximum allowable operating temperature. Its excess, leads to the combustion of chips, resulting in possible partial and even complete failure of the device.
If the laptop suddenly turned off, and there were no warning windows and inscriptions on the screen, then we can say with confidence by 90% that the problem is dust and the heating of the device exceeds acceptable limits.
There are several reasons for the device to overheat:
- Each mobile computer is equipped with fans that drive the air to cool the most important elements. On the surface of the case there are special holes through which air enters the device. When the holes get clogged with dust, the cooling of the laptop is significantly reduced. Moreover, the work of ventilation is directly dependent on the rules of using equipment. It is not recommended to keep the laptop on your lap or blanket, as well as any other soft surface that prevents air circulation.
- Also, when the thermal paste dries, which removes heat from the processor to the radiator, the processor stops cooling. This causes the computer to overheat.
- Another reason for overheating can be any damage to the cooling circuit located inside the notebook. As a result, the efficiency of heat removal decreases, the temperature rises and some elements, in particular, the hard drive, video card or processor, simply fail.
Do not forget that the slightest malfunction of any electronic component leads to severe overheating. In this case, the laptop case often heats up in the place where this chip is located. In this situation, you will need to replace the faulty chip, as well as repair the device itself. Very often, system crashes result in errors in the operating system, programs and drivers. This leads to a slowdown in the workflow, during the game the laptop turns off.
To understand whether overheating is the cause of shutdown, you need to measure the temperature for 15-30 before shutdown. On the Internet you can find special programs that help measure the temperature of the video card, processor, and other heating elements.
- Once or twice a year, in order to prevent, it is necessary to clean the laptop from dust. Given that self-cleaning can lead to serious and unnecessary damage, it is better to use the services of a service company. In no case can not clean the unit with a vacuum cleaner, you can damage the motherboard or dislodge the video chip with statistical electricity.In both of these cases, laptop repair is inevitable.
- Once every few years, the thermoplastic should be changed, and it is also better to entrust this operation to specialists, and not to engage in amateur activities.
- Using cooling coasters will greatly help prevent overheating of the device. Such coasters can extend the life of the device for several years. In the case of the absence or inaccessibility of the stand, you can raise the laptop above the level of the table and place some object under it. Thus, it will be possible to increase the air circulation and, therefore, to provide the required cooling.
- If you feel the laptop is warming up, you need to take a break. Turn off the computer, giving it the opportunity to cool. It is advisable to leave the laptop on a flat surface. You can buy rubber feet on the bottom of the unit, which provide an effective air flow.
Often, computers remain turned on throughout the day. Few people think that the constant flow of power reduces the efficiency of the battery, and also contributes to the overheating of the battery.It is better to fully charge the battery and disconnect it from the network. Do not be lazy with any questions or problems do not be lazy to contact the service centers. There you will receive the necessary technical support and advice.
“I turned off the laptop, let it cool. After a short work, it still turns off. What am I doing wrong? ”If you clearly followed the instructions and still note the malfunction of the equipment and cannot understand why the laptop turns itself off. In this case, it is better to entrust the work to professionals. After all, today diagnostics and repairs can be made right at home. There is no need to take the laptop to the service center if its malfunction can be corrected at home. Remember, timely appeal for help will save you from unnecessary costs and save resources of your equipment. And the observance of simple rules of operation of the equipment will help you avoid unwanted breakdowns, save time and nerves.
So, now you know why the laptop turns itself off, what are the reasons for this and how to behave in such cases.