Which camera is better to buy?
Nowadays, digital technologies have become so accessible that they made a photo not only for the great masters, but also a fascinating hobby for quite ordinary amateurs. Beautiful clear images are obtained with just one click on the button. But how many models are presented in stores! How to make the right choice, what to look for when buying a digital camera. Which camera is better to buy?
Camera selection: compact or mirror
Before delving into how the camera is arranged, we will determine which class of digital cameras you need. We will proceed from your goals, desires and opportunities.
The advantages of compact cameras
How to choose a compact digital camera? Let's consider together what is worth paying attention to when choosing.
- The dimensions and weight of the compact camera, of course, have advantages over the SLR. I threw the compact into my purse or pocket and carry it with you everywhere. Interesting moments await us everywhere, and your own "soap box" is always at hand.
- Saving money when buying a compact camera is quite large. They cost less due to the small size of the matrix and the use of inexpensive optics, and to change the annoying model for a better one is not difficult. By the way, compact cameras are improving much faster than SLR cameras.
- Compacts do an excellent job of shooting in automatic mode: pointing at an object and pressing a button. A good shot is provided. But it is clear that in another mode the camera will not be able to take it off. And the mirror is more focused on creativity: it depends on the specific settings how the same scene will be shot.
- Compact cameras are well shoot "landscape". Fans of such pictures are clearly not disappointed in the compact. Macro shooting is also easy due to the small lens and focusing at short distances from the object. But with the portrait shooting a much better SLR.
The advantages of SLR cameras
- The light-sensitive matrix of a SLR camera has a large physical size, so it’s easier to get a shallow depth of field with it. That is, the main subject turns out to be in focus, and the background is slightly blurred.For portrait shooting, the SLR is best suited. Think which digital camera is better to buy ... A large matrix allows you to shoot with high sensitivity. Photos are amazingly clear even in low light.
- The external flash units are used in the mirrors, which expands the possibilities of controlling the light - photography becomes a real art.
- If you are looking for speed, then it is better to buy a SLR camera.
- Interchangeable lenses give you the opportunity to improve.
For more information on how to choose a DSLR, you can read in our material "How to choose a SLR camera?".
Good camera: selection criteria
So, we considered two classes of digital cameras, it remains to decide which one to buy. A good camera should be selected based on the parameters of the two main elements of the camera: the lens and the matrix.
So, everything is simple with the matrix: the larger the photosensitive element of the matrix (pixel), the better the image quality. Just do not confuse, with the same number of pixels in different cameras, the physical dimensions of the matrix may vary! Whose matrix is larger, that camera is better, to put it simply.
If you are thinking about which SLR camera is better to buy, then pay attention primarily to the lens. You can save money on the device itself, but the lens needs to be selected immediately excellent, because it will be the one that will shoot. If you are an amateur, then we advise you to buy a mirror camera with a medium-focus zoom lens, with an autofocus system and aperture power of about 2.8.