Tomat Moskvich - the most early
Tomato Moskvich is a great variety, suitable forgrowing on the open ground practically in any region of Russia. Perfectly adapted for the climate of the country, which does not require special methods for growing, it will suit both experienced amateur gardeners and beginners. Tomatoes can be successfully grown both from seeds and from seedlings.
Tomat Moskvich (photo in the text) was withdrawn in 1976year. The work was conducted by the collective of the Institute of General Genetics named after Vavilov. After several years of testing was included in the State Register. This variety is recommended for growing in the open ground in the East Siberian, Volga-Vyatka, Central, Northern and North-Western regions.
Tomato Moskvich is a medium-bred, determinative, stamping plant of a small size:
- dark green leaf, medium size, corrugated;
- inflorescence short, compact, simple;
- fruit smooth, rounded, slightly ribbed, weighing up to 75 grams.
The height of the bush does not exceed 50 cm. On the main stem develops 3-6 inflorescences. The first is laid down to 8 leaves, the next - through a couple of leaves. The taste qualities are good, the tomato contains:
- sugar - 3%;
- dry matter - 6%.
Fruits of universal purpose, suitable for both fresh consumption and for harvesting for the winter.
It is desirable to grow the plant on fertile soil. Good predecessors for tomato are cabbage, beans, onions, cucumber.
Tomat Moskvich is grown outdoors. They sow on seedlings in early April (for recommended areas), the depth of sowing is up to 1 cm. After the formation of real leaves, one or two, dive begins. When growing seedlings, it is fed with mineral fertilizers (preferably complex) 2-3 times.
In the open ground variety of tomatoes Moskvich plantedin June, after 8-10 June, during the period of possible frosts. The landing scheme is 50x25. At 1 square meter can accommodate up to 8 plants. This sort of thickened planting is not terrible, the yield does not decrease and can reach 440 c / ha (commercial fruit).
Fruit ripening occurs in 90-110 days fromthe moment of sowing. Within 15 days of fruiting, an average of 30% of the total crop ripens. Fruiting from the beginning of July to the end of August. By this time, 90% of the fruits have time to ripen. It is better to finish harvesting until September 15, to avoid frost.
In the southern regions, the seeds are immediately sown in the soil, after it warms to a depth of 6 cm to 120. After 10 days the seeds begin to rise. Care as for the usual tomato: weeding, watering with warm water, loosening, top dressing.
Tomat Moskvich has a number of very attractive for gardener qualities:
- does not require pasynkovaniya, it is very easy to maintain it;
- is resistant to diseases such as rot, fusariosis, alternaria, verticellosis wilt, phytophthora;
- amicable and early formation of fruits;
- is resistant to sudden temperature changes;
- under unfavorable conditions, high fruit binding is maintained;
- does not require a garter;
- a small size of the bush allows you to grow a variety on loggias and balconies;
- unripened fruits perfectly "reach" at home, without decaying (they are not damaged by phytophthora).