How to update Kaspersky?
Computer viruses are ruthless - they can easily “eat” the files you need or “hang” an unpleasant banner on top of the screen, or they can send various spam mails from your mail unnoticed. In general, the harm from viruses is not considered, and therefore every reasonable user should have an antivirus system on his computer. Moreover, it is also necessary to regularly update its database. In this article we will discuss how to update Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
We update the database
To update the anti-virus database you need to have access to the Internet. Upgrading is pretty simple:
- Open the main program window of Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- Go to the "Updates" tab.
- Click the button "Run update".
- All! No further action is required from us, the program will download and install updates on its own.
New viruses appear every day, antivirus developers are trying to keep up with the creators of viruses, so database updates are released quite often.In order not to miss the moment, we recommend that you set up an automatic update. In this case, if you have updated databases and access to the network, the program will do all the work for you automatically. The frequency of updates can be configured: “once a week”, “once a day”, etc. - choose what you prefer.
In order to install a new version of the program, do the following:
- Go to the official website of Kaspersky Lab - kaspersky.ru
- Go to the "Products" section and download the necessary update. For example, if you are using Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, you need to download Kaspersky Internet Security 2014.
- Install the update, following the prompts of the installation wizard, and restart the computer.
If the key has expired
If the activation key of the antivirus has not expired, then the updated version of the antivirus will work, otherwise you will need a new activation key, otherwise you will not be able to update the databases, and the antivirus without the updated bases in a couple of weeks will be completely useless. How to get the key? There are two ways:
- You can purchase an activation code on the Kaspersky website, and get the key through it and enter it in the required field on the program’s License tab. This is a legitimate way.
- The second way is not entirely honest.It consists in finding the working keys to Kaspersky on the Internet. At the moment, fresh keys can be found. Anyway, after installing the new key, do not forget to reboot the computer.
In fact, there is a third way - download a trial version of the antivirus. It is possible (and even necessary) to download a trial version of the antivirus from the official site of Kaspersky Lab. Trial versions are absolutely free, although they are somewhat limited in functionality and work only for 30 days. You can download them from.
By the way, no one bothers you after the end of the month to use the trial versions of another antivirus. Many people do this by changing one program to another.