How to twist the speedometer?
Since Soviet times, the main purpose of twisting the mileage was the desire to sell the car more expensive. After all, a car with low mileage gives the buyer hope that they will not often have to look under the hood.
Types of speedometers
- mechanical type - driven by a mechanical drive and cable;
- Electromechanical speedometers rotate due to the electric drive on the chip;
- The electronic type calculates mileage according to its sensor data and displays it in digital form.
Modern speedometers are quite complex mechanisms with electronic memory. The data received from the speedometer is saved to several chips at once, and the entire electronic system is tied to a specific car and VIN-number.
We twist the data
- The easiest way to twist the mechanical speedometer. To do this, the device's cable is disconnected from the gearbox and rotates in the opposite working direction with the help of a drill or electric motor.The higher the rotation speed, the faster the desired result is obtained.
- Electromechanical speedometers can be twisted with the help of a programmer, since this method involves flashing memory chips. The essence of the procedure is to connect the programmer to the microcircuit. Next, the programmer rewrites the desired amount of mileage.
- It is possible to correct the data of the electronic speedometer through a special connector on the dashboard or with the help of a vehicle diagnostic port.
Before twisting the speedometer, you need to think: "Is it really necessary?". First of all, it's not fair to say so. And secondly, the price of such a service can be rather big, because the whole process is rather laborious and often problematic.
Now you know how to twist the speedometer, but additional information will not hurt you.