How to treat diarrhea?
The causes of diarrhea are diverse. As they can act, as various diseases, and food intolerance of any products, an allergic reaction to foods and medicines, stress and emotional disorders. More details about the causes of diarrhea, written in another article of our site, and read it you can here - "From what diarrhea?". In this article, we will dwell on the question of how to treat diarrhea.
Indeed, it is very important to treat diarrhea, but notjust stop it, because it can lead to quite deplorable consequences, one of them is dehydration, in addition, there may be complications and even diseases associated with the loss of important trace elements by the body. Therefore it is very important, if the diarrhea is regular and you can not cure it by yourself within 2 days, with the question of how to cure diarrhea, see a doctor, he will prescribe the treatment, having established the cause of the disorder.
Diarrhea: treatment options
When there is diarrhea, there are several treatment options:
- Folk remedies for diarrhea
Medicinal treatment is prescribed exclusively(antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs), but the drugs that stop diarrhea are sold without a prescription, they include: various adsorbents, drugs based on the active substance "loperamide" (for example, Lodepinum , Imodium) and others.
"Smecta" refers to adsorbents, it can be given even to children, it is usually used in combination with basic treatment. Before use, carefully read the instructions.
Drugs based on activeloperamide, should not be used for more than two days, this can lead to constipation. However, these funds will be indispensable if diarrhea begins outside the home, before using, study the instructions, usually these drugs are drunk immediately after defecation, in addition, they have contraindications, here are the main: colitis, diarrhea with blood, pregnancy, breast-feeding, children under 6 years.
To prevent dehydration, also apply "Regidron".
Folk treatment of diarrhea:
- Infusion of bark of oak. For preparation it is required: 1 teaspoon of bark and a half liter of steep boiling water. The bark is filled with boiling water and leave to be infused for 6-8 hours, after which we filter. Eat before meals, 1/2 cup (up to 4 times a day).
- Tea made from alder cones. Preparation: brew as leaf tea, in the proportion of 2 tbsp. l. for 1 glass. Drink 1/2 cup 2-3 times a day.
- Starch. Dilute 2 teaspoons of starch in a glass of boiled water and drink. Use when the first appearance of a loose stool.
- Broth of a blood-groove. Preparation: one tablespoon of the root of the buglet pour a glass of boiling water, cook for 30 minutes, then cool, strain, use 1 tbsp. l. up to 6 times a day.
- Decoction of wild cherry. Berries of wild cherry (1 tbsp. spoon on 1 cup) pour boiling water and cook over low heat for 8 minutes. After cooking, allow to cool in natural conditions, strain and consume ¼ cup 3 times a day.
Basically, folk remedies have a strengthening effect, so they will not help cure diarrhea in case it is caused by a disease.
If diarrhea has occurred in a child, folk remedies should not be used, you should immediately call a doctor at home, especially if the child is under 1 year old.
In addition to treatment by various means, it is also important:
- Observe the diet, namely: dairy products, legumes, mushrooms, fresh fruits and vegetables, fatty and spicy food. Recommended food for diarrhea are porridges on the water, crackers from white bread, weak broths (meat, fish, vegetables), potatoes. The food should be steamed or boiled, as well as better in liquid form, or ground.
- Drink as much liquid as possible. This can be water, broth, not sweet and not very rich fruit compotes, tea (not sweet). It is desirable that the liquid is not cold, preferably warm. Do not drink: fruit juices, coffee.
- Eat and drink often, but in small portions.
- Eliminate the use of alcohol.
Urgently consult a doctor if diarrhea is accompanied by:
- Increased temperature
- Weakness and fatigue
- Not passing after stool with abdominal pain
- Feces of unnatural color
- The presence of blood or mucus in the feces.