How to measure the size and length of the legs?
Watch the video
In an adult, the need to accurately know their size does not often occur. After all, you can always try on things you like, shoes and make a choice. But now we started to make more and more purchases through online stores or various auctions. And here you can’t do without the ability to determine your dimensions, since only knowing your exact dimensions you will be able to choose the right thing. Let's figure out how to determine the size and length of the legs.
Determination of foot length
In order to correctly measure the length of your legs, you will need an assistant andcentimeter or building tape.
- Stand straight, put your legs parallel to each other.
- Let the assistant accurately measure the distance from the protruding pelvic bone opposite the hip joint to your heel.
- The straight line should be perpendicular to the floor.
- The result is the length of your legs.
- Now compare the length of the legs and the value of half your height. For women, the difference in 4-6 cm suggests that in front of you is the owner of the legs of medium length, more than - long, less than short.For men, the ideal ratio between height and foot length is 1: 1.
Measure foot size
- In order to correctly measure the size of your feet or the feet of your child, you must stand on a piece of paper and circle the foot with a pencil or marker.
- If you wear shoes with a toe, especially wool, then put it on and only then draw a leg with a pencil.
- There is one little trick: do this procedure in the evening, because by the end of the day our legs often swell and, accordingly, the size increases.
- Now measure the distance between the extreme point of the heel and the bulging finger,so that this line was parallel to the foot.
Look for the resulting length of the foot. If your result "hit" between two sizes, choose a larger one.
- The ability to correctly measure foot size is especially important for parents of children. After all, it is not always possible to visit the store along with the child.
- Less commonly, when referring to size, such an indicator as completeness is used. To determine it, take a picture with the outline of your foot and measure the distance between the two widest points.
There are 4 main shoe size numbering systems recognized in different countries:
- international standard ISO 3355-77;
Theoretically, their creation should have standardized shoe sizes from different manufacturers, but practice shows that every time, buying shoes from different manufacturers without fitting, it’s best to check the size table on the manufacturer’s website or online store.