How to make rolls?
Rolls are a type of sushi and are a Japanese dish made from rice, seaweed, fish and other components of the filling, wrapped in a roll and cut into equal parts. Today we will tell how to make rolls. Consider the basic rules and nuances of cooking, beloved by many, dishes.
How to make rolls: the basis
Prepare in advance:
- mat (bamboo mat),
- nori (sheets of dry seaweed, which are sold in pieces of 10 per pack),
- sushi rice (alternatively round grain rice),
- stuffing (fantasize: red fish, cucumber, melted cheese, avocado, crab sticks, eel, caviar, mayonnaise, seafood, fried chicken),
- rice vinegar,
- Soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger come in handy when using rolls.
Making rolls at home
- Cook rice for rolls. Properly prepared rice rolls - the key to success! We wash the rice so that the water after it becomes transparent. Leave the rice to dry for 30 minutes. Fill the rice with water (take water in the ratio of 1 part of rice to 1.5 parts of water).Cook the rice on medium heat until the water boils (it usually lasts 5 minutes), then cover the rice with a lid and cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Time may vary, ensure that all water is absorbed.
- In a separate container, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. You can warm the mixture slightly to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Sprinkle vinegar ready rice and gently mix it. Let the rice cool.
- To properly make the rolls, we need a mat. Put 1 sheet of nori on the mat with the rough side up, so that the lines on the nori take a horizontal position.
- Spread the rice evenly on the nori so that the top edge of the algae remains free (about 7 mm). You can take a bit of wasabi (do not overdo it!) And use your finger to grease the middle of the rice in a horizontal direction on the place where we will lay out the stuffing.
- Put the stuffing.
- Grab the edge of the rug with nori and, holding the filling, begin to wrap the roll. In order not to wrap the rug inside the roll, from time to time we separate it from the nori. This will help the video how to make rolls. Fold everything tightly and evenly, but without squeezing the stuffing.
- Cut the roll into 6 equal parts.
We share the amazing recipe of some of the most delicious rolls that you can make at home ...
How to make Philadelphia rolls
- On the whole mat we lay the food film, and on it the nori. As usual decompose rice.
- We will cover the remaining side of the mat with the film fig. Turn over. Uncover.
- Philadelphia cream cheese should be put on the nori.
- Roll roll up as usual.
- Thinly cut the salmon and put it close to each other on the mat with the film.
- Using the rug tightly wrap the roll in salmon. Let the film remain on the roll.
- Cut the roll in the film so that the fish do not fall apart.