How to learn to say "P"?
Watch the video
When a child learns to speak, there may be a problem with the pronunciation of some letters. This may be due to both the child's physiology and misunderstanding of pronunciation. To solve this problem, there are professional speech therapists who teach the child the correct pronunciation, but you can teach him yourself at home, knowing the necessary exercises.
One of the most difficult in the pronunciation of letters is the letter "P". Many children have a problem with this letter. Let us consider in more detail below how to learn to say “P” with the help of various exercises.
Pronunciation of the letter "P"
Seriously it is necessary to do the pronunciation of a child, if he is five years old, and he is still incorrectly pronouncing this letter. It is best to visit a speech therapist who will professionally advise and explain the problem and how to solve it. He will also give recommendations on exercises for the child, examples of which will be given below.
The initial stage of learning the letter "P"
Before embarking on complex patters and exercises, it is worth teaching the child to pronounce the letter in its pure form. Having mastered this moment, we begin to teach him to pronounce the letter in syllables. Thus, the stages of learning will not be too difficult for the child and you will achieve success.
After that, we start learning the pronunciation of the letter “P” in words and whole phrases with the help of exercises.
Before you begin exercises with pronunciation, you need to constantly warm up for the mouth to warm up the muscles. Here are simple exercises for this:
- Exercise "Paint brush" is that the child leads the tongue through the sky to the throat and back a dozen times.
- In the “Pendulum” exercise, you should drive your tongue from left to right ten times, with your mouth slightly open.
- Exercise "Accordion" will require the work of the jaw. We press the tongue to the sky, and then open and close the mouth twenty times in a row.
- In the exercise “Clean the Teeth”, it is necessary to drive the tongue along the inside of the upper teeth about twenty times.
After that, the child will be ready to exercise.
Exercises for the letter "P"
Speech therapists always practice a certain order of tasks for the most effective training. In self-study you can also follow a speech therapist plan.Four types of tasks for the daily gymnastics of the child are usually used, which we will consider below:
- The child rests its tongue on the base of the upper teeth and tries to pronounce the letter “D” many times in a row. Then you need to ask the child to blow on the tip of the tongue, tearing it from the base of the teeth. Thus, the child will remember and get used to how the tongue should vibrate when he begins to pronounce the letter "P".
- For the second exercise, you will need to buy a speech therapy spatula, which is sold in any pharmacy. For the comfort of the baby, you can buy a spatula with a delicious smell. Ask the child to say the sound “F” for a long time, and at this time move the spatula closer to the base of the upper teeth. After that, slip the spatula under the tongue of the child and move it to the right and left while the child continues the pronunciation of the “F” sound. So he will learn how the tongue vibrates when pronouncing "P".
- In the third exercise, it is necessary for the child to open his mouth wide and begin to pronounce the syllable “For”, pushing the tongue back to the maximum. Themselves at this time drive under the tongue with a spatula. It is then that you must hear the distinct letter "P".
- Ask the child with an open mouth to pronounce the sound “Zi”, while you drive with a spatula just as in the previous paragraph. You will hear a softer “P” sound.
Thanks to the daily repetition of these exercises, as well as practice with patters and words with the letter “P”, you will achieve that the child learns to pronounce this complex letter.