How to learn to swim?
Watch the video
When swimming, a person and an animal move in water in such a way that contact with the bottom is excluded. This sport can not only strengthen the human body, but also be an excellent entertainment and leisure method.
How to learn to swim adult
Learning to swim without practical training is, of course, impossible. We will describe in detail in the proposed article the process of how to learn to swim. Video materials on the topic will also not be superfluous for you.
Everyone knows that the human body is heavier than water. This is due to the presence of bones and fluid. In addition, the lungs and intestines contain air. It is his presence in the body that allows a person not to sink. While we breathe, we stay afloat. It is proper breathing that allows a person to stay in the water.
Once on the beach, everyone wonders how to learn to swim in a day. After all, I want a vacation to use all sorts of diverse, including swimming in the sea. Anyone who does not know how to swim, have difficulty learning.They are afraid of water, lacking the simplest swimming skills. Such people deprive themselves of the pleasure of plunging into the water on a hot sunny day and splashing freely in it. We give instructions on how to quickly learn to swim.
- First you need to choose a place for swimming. The bottom of the beach should be clean and even, there should be no waves and currents. For safety net, take a partner who can swim well. He will help you when an unexpected difficult situation arises.
- To learn how to swim, you must master a number of simple skills: the ability to lie on your back, slide on the water, open your eyes in the water. This will help us a few exercises that reveal the secret of how to learn to swim on their own.
- Accompanied by an experienced partner, do not enter the water deeply (the water will be just above the belt). Hold your partner's hands, take a deep breath and, holding your breath, dive into the water with your head. Come up. This exercise should be repeated several times, with repeated immersion in water, the eyes should be open.
- Let's learn how to balance in water. To do this, enter the water knee-deep and get on all fours.After inhaling, fold your legs tightly together and lift them horizontally to the water. Leaning on your palms, walk your hands along the bottom of the reservoir in this position.
- To learn how to stay in the water, learn the following exercise. Take a deep breath, entering the water to the waist. Then you should sit down, clasping your legs with your hands and pressing your chin to your knees. In this position it is necessary to hold on to the surface of the water for a few seconds. Repeat this exercise several times.
- And now let's try to learn how to exhale into the water. Enter the water with a partner. Its depth should be slightly above the belt. Sit in the water with your head after taking a deep breath, and hold your breath. Exhale in water through the mouth. Rise up. To consolidate the skill, repeat the exercise several times.
- We will work out the rowing movements of the hands when sailing. We start with working out on the shore, and then we fix our skills in the water.
- You need to stand up straight and keep your hands shoulder-width apart. Perform circular motions forward and backward with your hands. Hands should be palms facing backwards - always watch for them. This exercise is required only with one hand.
- Lying back on the sand, stretch your arms forward with your palms turned outwards. Hands swing back, raking hands with as much sand as possible. This exercise is very useful for your hands.
- Now lie on your stomach with sand. Then it is necessary to fold the legs together with the extended legs. Pull your arms forward. Make a few up and down movements with the legs slightly raised. Hands, head and torso should remain motionless. After carrying out the above exercises on the beach, start the exercises in the water.
- Practice rowing hands and feet in the water rhythmically and synchronously, gradually increasing the amplitude of movements. This will allow you to continue to confidently manage your body in the water.
With the assimilation of these exercises you can swim freely and like a dog, and like a frog, and on the back, and the crawl.
How to learn to swim children
Summer is a great time to teach your kid swimming. Strengthening the immunity and proper physical development of the child's body contributes to swimming in any reservoir, be it a river, sea or lake. How to teach a child to swim and overcome the fear of water? We will tell you about this further.
For children up to 2-3 years old there will be enough shallow reservoirs where you can swim with inflatable toys. The child should be under the close supervision of parents. In the process of bathing the baby, it is important to feel your love and care for him.
In 3-5 years, you can already teach a child to swim, lying on the water. Familiarize the baby with the laws of the physics of water, at this age it will be interesting to him. Tell us how it resists our body, why we float while inhaling, and when we exhale we drown and so on. So that the child does not forget swimming skills horizontally, do not let him swim in the inflatable circle. Otherwise, it will then be difficult to retrain him back to swimming, as he will remember to swim vertically.
It is much easier for children at the age of 7 to explain that swimming is useful in life, and while swimming, it will grow up healthy and hardy. Interest him with stories on this topic and you will see how the child will learn to swim with great enthusiasm. And having caused the child’s desire to become a good swimmer, do not forget to encourage his small successes. Everyone knows that children tend to imitate their parents - an excellent opportunity to show by example that swimming is great!
Start the development of swimming skills in a child only after he has mastered the water. Below we give the exercises that need to be performed on land and in water, which are sure to help master the basics of swimming with a crawl and bras. First of all, teach the child to float and lie on the water, both on the back and on the chest. In order to make a "float", practice on land. To perform it is necessary to take a deep breath, crouch, group, hug your knees and tilt your head toward them. Thus, repeat 5-6 times this exercise. Children, as a rule, like this exercise and they do it with pleasure. Having mastered the technique, you can try this exercise in the water.
The foam board or rubber circle will teach a child to stick on the surface of the water. To do this, just press the board with your hands to the waist and sit down a bit. Smoothly tilting the torso back, you should put your head with the back of your head on the water, pushing from the bottom, ask the child to lie on his back. The legs should be straightened and lifted to the very surface of the water. If the child succeeds in everything and he successfully floats, invite him to lie in the water without assistive devices. Parents make sure that he keeps the body straight.Insure the child, supporting him by the hand under the head.
It is not a secret for anybody that a good example in any educational process is a good example. So do not forget to show the child how you do it.
Often children get tired very quickly, because they are usually so focused on the movements of their arms and legs that they forget about the proper breathing technique, and often delay it. Be alert, make sure that the child is strictly coordinated breathing with strokes.
The most important for movement are the rowing movements of the hands. Helping the body to move, palms are like blades of oars, raking the water back. It is very important not to miss the moment and check that the child holds his hands flat, without spreading his fingers.
There are many ways of swimming. The main task of caring parents is to familiarize the child with this sport, as well as to help choose the most appropriate way.
Now you know how to learn to swim and to teach your children to this. We wish you good luck and health.