How to get rid and how to treat the boil on the face?
Jul 12, 2018
From the scientific point of view furuncle is an inflammatory process of purulent-necrotic character, located in the hair follicle and surrounding connective tissue. In the people, I call the detailed formations chirjas, and they are treated with proven means, the effectiveness of which has been proven for centuries. Furunculosis affects almost all areas of the human body, but most unpleasant is inflammation in the maxillofacial region. In addition to aesthetic discomfort, the furuncle on the face can cause serious complications that pose a threat to the life of the patient."How to treat the furuncle on the face of?" Is a matter of paramount importance for those who have encountered such a problem.
- 1 Area of risk - a person
- 2 Why does a furuncle occur on the face?
- 3 Distinguishing signs and symptoms - photo
- 4 Than and how to treat the boil on the face?
Area of risk - person
The furuncle most often occurs on the skin with increased fat content, as well as in those areas that are constantly exposed to mechanical stress( for example, friction against clothing).Often, the inflammatory element chooses the location of the face. In this area, there are all conditions favorable for the development of infection - a large number of sebaceous glands, a low level of protection from pollution of the surrounding atmosphere( especially in a megacity).
And finally, the most banal reason - unwashed hands. It is difficult to count how many times a day we touch your face with your hands, without giving it much importance, but each time increasing the risk of penetration of pathogenic microflora into the pores of the skin. Relentless statistics confirms: most often acne, furuncles on the face appear when violation of personal hygiene standards and localized on the nose, upper lip, in the forehead and ear.
Why does a furuncle appear on the face?
The causes of boils on the face are covered in the ingress of an infectious agent( staphylococcus) on the damaged epithelium.This is facilitated by:
- Sloppy shave, accompanied by cuts;
- Other mechanical damage to the skin( scratches, abrasions, etc.) that were not treated with antiseptic drugs in time to prevent the entry of various infections into them;
- Long use of the same razor, the surface of which loses its sharpness over time, but becomes a "hotbed" of bacteria;
- Non-observance of elementary hygiene rules;
- Influence of the external environment: general hypothermia of the body or its overheating;
- Decreased immunity due to chronic diseases;
- Metabolic disorders and other pathologies of the endocrine system;
- Lack of essential vitamins and microelements( beriberi);
- Hormonal disorders( diabetes mellitus, increased adrenal function, increased testosterone levels);
- Violation of the functions of sweat and sebaceous glands.
An interesting fact: the appearance of purulent inflammation does not depend on gender, but according to some data, furunculosis in the face area is more likely to affect men than women.
For one woman, faced with this problem, there are about a dozen of these men. Many associate this with frequent cuts during shaving, which facilitates the penetration of pyogenic bacteria into the skin.
Distinguishing signs and symptoms - photo
Just like furunculosis on other parts of the body, the furuncle on the face passes through three stages in its development:
- The stage of infiltration;
- Stage of suppuration;
- The stage of healing.
The furuncle on the face begins with a small painful nodule and slight puffiness around. A distinctive feature of furunculosis is that in the center of the inflammation there is always a hair shaft. At the initial stage of maturation, the furuncle looks rather innocuous, without causing any particular inconvenience to its carrier. In the first day the patient feels only a slight tingling in the area of furuncle formation. After this time, the compaction begins to form in the mouth of the hair follicle, redness and swelling appear.
The painful sensations thus sharply increase, in a place of a lesion the pulsation is felt. Gradually, education takes a conic shape, with sharply delineated boundaries. The puffiness zone increases, an abscess begins to form in the center of the inflammatory element. So ripen furuncles on the face - photos that can be found on the Internet. It is worthwhile to carefully consider all stages of the formation of purulent elements in order to recognize them in life.
After full maturation, the furuncle is opened, with the release of purulent necrotic masses. At this stage it is especially important to observe the norms of sanitation and hygiene, so as not to infect the infection and not to provoke complications. The healing process does not begin immediately, but only after the necrotic stem completely leaves and the deep wound is completely cleared of pus.
After the boil is uncovered, the inflammatory phenomena quickly disappear, the pain subsides, the swelling and redness disappear. Gradually on the site of the abscess, recovery processes begin, the wound heals, in its place connective tissue is formed and a scar is formed.
The furuncle on the face can be of different sizes, some of them reach the size of a walnut and after the resolution of such an element, an ugly, whitish scar may remain on the skin of the face. To correct this cosmetic defect in the future it is possible with the help of modern methods of aesthetic medicine. To remove scars on the face, cosmetologists recommend laser skin resurfacing.
The following symptoms can be distinguished from the characteristic symptoms of development of furuncles on the face:
- Pain in the affected area is repeatedly amplified during active mimicry, touching or mechanical contact with something( washing, shaving, toweling, etc.).
- The development of the inflammatory process is often accompanied by general deterioration of health, weakness, headache
- Often at the stage of suppuration, there is an increase in body temperature to 38 ° C, fever, chills.
- After opening of the abscess and healing of tissues, a deep, whitish scar remains on the skin.
For the sake of justice it is worth noting that in exceptional cases the furuncle can pass independently, without the use of drug treatment. The duration of its life cycle averages from 7 to 10 days, it all depends on the rate of aging of the abscess. However, if you find the first alarming symptoms, you should seek medical advice, as the formation of boils on the face is a serious danger.
The localization of chirping on the forehead, in the region of the nonsubular triangle, eye or ear, is dangerous because the purulent element develops in close proximity to the most important blood vessels. With the bloodstream, the infection can penetrate the brain and provoke serious complications that threaten life. Therefore, it is important that the treatment is controlled by a specialist, he will select the optimal therapy scheme and explain how to get rid of the boil on the face.
What and how to treat the boil on the face?
Treatment of a furuncle on the face requires caution and a competent, professional approach. The earlier measures are taken to treat the inflammatory element, the higher the probability of avoiding possible complications. If a furuncle appeared on the face, the sequence of actions is as follows:
- Application of antiseptics.The focus of inflammation should be treated with 70% alcohol solution, salicylic or boric alcohol, hydrogen peroxide. This will have a disinfecting effect and prevent the spread of the infection to the surrounding, healthy skin. If it is possible to capture the inflammatory process of the earliest stage, then such a measure can completely stop the formation of a purulent head.
- Treatment with ointment. To accelerate the maturation of the boil, you can do compresses with Vishnevsky ointment. This drug is not very pleasant, a specific smell, so the procedure is better done at night. For this, a sterile gauze napkin is impregnated with ointment and fixed on the face with an adhesive plaster. Usually 1-2 procedures are enough to speed up the dissection of the boil. To accelerate the maturation of the purulent element and its opening, it is allowed to use "dry heat", "blue light", ultraviolet therapy.
- Postprocessing.After opening of the abscess and the release of necrotic masses, it is recommended to treat the wound with antiseptic solutions, or make compresses with ichthyol ointment that will pull out the remains of purulent contents and accelerate the healing. Good results are obtained by local treatment with broad-spectrum antibiotics in the form of ointments such as Levomycetin, Gentamicin and Tetracycline.
With a large number of boils on the face, in severe, neglected cases, the doctor will prescribe antibiotic treatment. For the treatment of furunculosis, three groups of drugs are used:
- Penicillins( Amoxiclav, Ampicillin, Amoxicillin) are the oldest, time-tested, broad-spectrum drugs that have an antibacterial effect.
- Cephalosporins( Cefotaxime, Ceftriaxone, Cefazolin) is the most commonly prescribed antibiotic in the treatment of boils. In comparison with a group of penicillins, they are more effective and quite affordable.
- Macrolides( Erythromycin, Azithromycin and the like).They differ not less effective action, but to achieve bactericidal effect should be used in high concentration.
Which of them to choose - the doctor decides, having preliminary taken at the patient a number of analyzes to define the type of the causative agent of an infection. The choice of a medicine is justified by the sensitivity of the organism to a certain group of antibiotics. The higher its level, the better the treatment. Antibiotics are powerful drugs, but with prolonged use they can cause serious side effects. Therefore, they should be applied in short courses, in exact accordance with the indicated dosages.
In the development of complications, a surgical opening of the furuncle in the hospital is required, followed by the installation of drainage, so that the wound is completely cleared of pus. As a drainage system acts a thin strip of glove rubber, inserted by the surgeon into the channel formed after the removal of chiriya. To accelerate the cleansing, the wound is additionally treated with Trypsin's solution or its analogs, which possess anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties and promote rapid healing of tissues. Often, Vishnevsky's ointment is used for this purpose.
Since one of the most common causes of boils is the reduction of the body's defenses, the treatment regimen includes immunomodulating agents. The most popular of them are Interferon, Viferon. Recently, Tactivin is gaining popularity - an immunostimulant, which activates the body to fight infection.
Simultaneously with drug treatment, the patient's diet is adjusted: fresh brewer's yeast, powdered sulfur is introduced into the menu. Exclude fatty, fried, spicy dishes and focus on the dairy-vegetable diet. In addition, vitamins are used and multivitamin complexes and restorative herbal preparations are prescribed( tincture of ginseng, echinacea, eleutherococcus).
Treatment of boils on the face folk remedies
Supplement traditional medicamental treatment can be proven folk remedies. They are many and some seem very unusual. Here are some of the most popular and available:
- Coniferous compresses for the face.Needles - a storehouse of natural tannins, vitamin C, essential oils. Coniferous concentrate can be purchased at a pharmacy, or brew natural cones and branches of needles, cut from a tree. Such a solution for washing will help to adjust the work of the sebaceous glands, dry out existing inflammations and prevent their possible occurrence in the future. To prepare a decoction of 2 tbsp. L.Needles brew 500 ml of boiling water and insist 40 minutes. The broth is filtered and used for lotions, treating the foci of inflammation.
- Honey dough.In one bowl, combine the egg yolk, a spoonful of butter, the same amount of liquid honey and a little flour. The resulting dough is applied as a compress to a sore spot and the dressing is changed 2-3 times a day. Garlic compress.Perfectly copes with its task at an early stage of furuncle development. Special preparation does not require - to brewing chirry it is necessary to attach thinly sliced garlic cloves. It is recommended to change them as often as possible, then for a couple of days from the inflammation there will be no trace.
- Soap therapy.The soap is rubbed on a grater, poured 300 ml of water and cooked over a small fire for a few minutes. As soon as the broth cools, impregnate them with a sterile bandage and apply it as a compress to the boil. Change the compress at least 4 times a day.
- Bread crumb.You need to choose crumb from a loaf of black bread, add it and chew a little. Grain weight should be applied to the tearing element for three hours.
- An ancient Russian recipefight against boils on the face: in the evening, 100 grams of grated potatoes mixed with raw chicken yolk, add lemon juice, a spoonful of sunflower oil and a spoonful of copper sulfate. Let it brew until morning. At dawn, apply the obtained mass to the face, after 20 minutes, rinse with water. In the evening, apply ointment to the inflammation: 4 parts of beeswax, 1 part of propolis, 2 parts of rosin and a bit of castor oil - mix everything, heat, add turpentine and cook for another 40 minutes. Then cool, get wet in the ointment obtained napkin and for 10 minutes to put on problem areas of the face before the burning. After rinse with water.
To prevent boils, measures should be taken to strengthen immunity, improve metabolism and purify blood. Traditional medicine recommends doing this by taking various broths and tinctures inside:
- 15 burdock seeds pour 300 ml of boiling water, let it brew for half an hour. Drink the obtained tincture at one time.
- 10 grams of finely chopped herb and dandelion roots pour a glass of hot water, to insist for at least three hours. At the end of the allotted time, drain. Take inside a tablespoon up to 5 times a day.
- 2 tablespoons nettle for a glass of boiling water insist for half an hour and take inside in the morning to 3 tablespoons.
Ifon the face appeared boilor often there are relapses of furunculosis, the salvation will be the regular use of tea from the leaves of the thorn( bramble).Useful properties of this plant are widely used in folk therapy: aromatic tea from the thorns perfectly copes with excretion of toxins from the body, strengthening of immunity, corrects the work of sebaceous glands.
Should I squeeze out the boil on my face?
Small boils at an early stage of development are easily confused with common acne and acne. Symptoms of the inflammatory process are similar in many respects, but the chiri differ sharply morbid, larger sizes, a feeling of skin tension and pulsation. But these symptoms appear after a few days, and at the initial stage the painful tubercle can easily be mistaken for a pimple.
Having noticed in the mirror an inflammatory element on the face, the first thing you want to do is immediately remove it. You can not do this in any case! Especially dangerous attempts to squeeze out the boil, if it is localized on the face.
Doctors warn: it is strictly forbidden to squeeze out a boil or try to open it with improvised means, without observing sterility. This not only does not help, but will exacerbate the situation: there is a risk of disruption of the natural barrier between the affected area of the facial skin and healthy tissues and the subsequent spread of infection.
The circulatory system in the face area is characterized by a number of features: the specificity of the intracranial veins' connection and the absence of valves in them is a favorable factor for the rapid spread of infection with subsequent infection of healthy tissues. With the advanced form of the disease, staphylococci are able to penetrate the cavity of the skull, and reach the brain. This can provoke the development of meningitis, and with the penetration of pyogenic microorganisms into the circulatory system result in sepsis.
Such conditions are life-threatening and can lead to death. In surgery, there is an axiom: a particular danger is represented by furuncles, located in the upper and middle parts of the face. In most cases, patients with furuncles located above the line connecting the earlobe with the corner of the mouth should be observed in the hospital.
Therefore, the appearance of boils on the face should be treated with all seriousness. Do not engage in self-medication, try to self-open abscesses, apply hot poultices or moist warming. Such methods will provoke only further spread of the infection. To cope with the problem, you need to follow the recommendations of the doctor and accurately perform all the appointments.