How to flash BIOS on a laptop?
Watch the video
In some cases, reprogramming the basic input-output system (BIOS) on a laptop becomes an urgent need, and owners are forced to decide how to flash the BIOS on a laptop. The simplest and most accessible way for many users is the software method (through a special program):
- Go to the manufacturer's website and select the firmware for a particular model, a series of laptop and motherboard installed in it, OS.
- In the BIOS section, download the latest BIOS version.
- Unpack the archive, change the extension.
- In the Tools section download the utility for firmware.
- Create a bootable USB flash drive, write the afudos utility and the BIOS itself to it.
- After rebooting the laptop with F2 and in the Boot section, mark the USB flash drive.
- Start the boot process from the flash disk.
- Upon completion restart the laptop.
- Go to BIOS and reset all settings to the original state.
A safer, more reliable and effective solution to the question of how to flash BIOS on a laptop,is a firmware using a special device - a programmer. To do this, the chip from the motherboard is carefully removed, inserted into the programmer and then returned to its place. In order to avoid hopeless damage to the laptop system, it is better to entrust the BIOS firmware procedure to experienced professionals.