How to equip the kitchen?
Most people do not live in the conditions they dream of. Spacious kitchen, where there will be no problems with the placement of all necessary, the privilege of not many. In our article we will try to explain to you how to furnish a small kitchen in order to maximize the space and use its functionality to the fullest.
The most preferred layout for small kitchens is either L-shaped or linear. But the L-shaped layout is most popular, because at the expense of the corner, the kitchen is made a little cozier, and also immediately there is an opportunity to equip the place with a corner cupboard, which will serve as another place to store kitchen utensils.
How to furnish a kitchen
We present to your attention tips on the arrangement of small kitchens.
- In small kitchens, it is best to use built-in appliances. Everyone knows that the size of embedded household items is much more compact. Embedding a washing machine under the countertop, you maximize the working area.All built-in appliances are hidden behind the facades as the kitchen furniture. This visually combines these two components into a coherent whole. In addition, you will not have a feeling of clutter. Kitchen of such a plan will look modern and cozy.
- When choosing wall cabinets, give preference not to the doors opening on the sides, but to those that open upwards. These doors will not steal your precious space. If you have finances in the arrangement of the kitchen, it is better to give preference to the facades of aluminum. They will make your kitchen as if weightless and will visually expand the space.
- When buying a hob, think carefully about whether to buy a four-ring cooker, do you often use all four? After all, you can buy a stove with two burners, and thereby save space. Also, think about the feasibility of purchasing an oven, because instead of it, the hostesses often use a convection oven or a slow cooker. In place of the oven, you can install the same washing machine or dishwasher.
- To understand how to equip a kitchen, you must initially design a plan for placing furniture to your taste and convenience, but some points are worth considering.For example, do not place the microwave on the work surface, in a small kitchen, it takes a fairly large space. It is better to hide it in a wall or floor cabinet, and you can also hang it on the wall with the help of special brackets.
- For a small kitchen you need to choose the right lighting. Coziness and comfort will be created by spotlights, but only in the necessary places, in cabinets, above the working area, along the upper edges of the cabinets. A small chandelier can be placed above the dining table.
- Today, so-called rails or kitchen holders are common. They are attached above the working surface to the special slats. On the slats, a large number of various hooks and holders are provided, on which a large number of dining and kitchen items can be placed, from cups to pots. Moreover, the rails fit into any interior and make it more modern.
Now, understanding how to furnish a kitchen, it will be much easier to do this. But this is only half the way. Now we will tell you about the secrets of placing shelves, chairs and a dining table, as well as a variety of small things.
- Try to choose floor cabinets, which have retractable structures, and not shelves. Of course, this will not save much space, but cooking will make it easier. Now you do not have to take everything out of the locker, in order to get what is located behind, and then fold everything back. Take a closer look at transparent structures with high sides. So you will notice that is located inside each box.
- Think carefully about whether you need a door to the kitchen. After all, she can take quite a lot of space. Maybe it is better to remove it. But in case you consider it necessary to protect your apartment from smells while cooking, then first set up a good hood, and then pay attention to the compartment doors. They simply part ways, thus saving space.
- Approach the choice of the dining table with special attention. A pretty good option for a small kitchen is a folding table, which is attached directly to the wall. Need a table - laid out, do not need - immediately hid. If you have a lot of people in your family, use the living room for eating, because, firstly, a large table will not fit into a small kitchen, and secondly, at the same time, 7 people simply cannot fit in there.
- Choose folding-type chairs so that you can lay them down and hide them as needed or hang them on the wall.
- Bachelors or couples without children should think about buying a small refrigerator that can be placed in the countertop or in the locker.
- It is possible that the shelves or cabinets should be extended to the ceiling, so you get a place that can be used for kitchen utensils, which you rarely use.
- Never be afraid to get rid of old junk, which for years has been gathering dust without the need, thereby occupying a rather extensive space.
And finally, to visually understand how to furnish a kitchen, photos with examples can be viewed on the Internet, there you will find many varieties of both interior and design solutions.