How to disable driver signature verification?
Watch the video
Many users of Windows operating systems had the displeasure to face such a phenomenon as checking the digital signature of drivers of various devices, as a result of which they could not install the necessary software on the computer.
A digital signature is an electronic security label that is put by the software publisher. It confirms that this software is safe for the computer and contains only those elements that are necessary for the correct operation of the connected device. If there is no such label, the operating system may refuse to install the drivers you need. In this case, the question arises how to disable driver signature verification.
First of all, it should be emphasized that such a shutdown can be done only if you are completely sure of the origin of the driver that you plan to install on your computer and know for surethat the attackers could not program this file to harm your computer. If you are confident in your actions, then to disable digital signature verification of drivers, for example, on Windows 7, you should do the following.
- Run a command prompt. To do this, follow the path Start - Programs - Standard - Command Prompt.
- In the window that opens, you will need to enter the command bcdedit.exe / set nointegritychecks ON.
- After pressing Enter, the changes will take effect.
- Similarly, open the Command Prompt.
- First enter the bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS command
- After it is successfully executed, enter bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
In this case, you will have to restart the computer.
- During Windows startup, after flashing the BIOS window, but before the operating system itself starts up, press the F8 key several times until the menu of additional options for booting opens.
- In the list of possible options, select Disable mandatory driver signature verification.
- Then press Enter.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in this action, even for novice users. You will not notice any other changes in the operating system.But thanks to such simple frauds, you can install any drivers on your computer and the operating system will no longer oppose this process. The main thing is that this software in the future does not harm your computer. Indeed, in this case, the fault will be completely on your side.