How to connect speakers to a computer?
In addition to good video quality when watching a movie on a computer, for example, the characteristics of the audio, that is, the sound, are important, and therefore it is important to know how to connect the speakers to the computer and properly configure them. About this and talk.
Connect speakers to computer: general issues
- Connecting an audio system begins with determining the capabilities of your computer's motherboard, in other words, counting sockets (output and input) for the system. The maximum number is six, at least three.
- Each audio system must include an instruction that must be followed when connecting speakers, but what if these are old speakers? Connect to the computer they need for the general rules. Usually the signal cable from the speakers is colored green, the corresponding color (green) and the audio output on the panel of your system unit (usually on the back panel). It is only necessary to plug the cable into the correct connector, that is, the color is appropriate (for example, for microphones, the pink color of the cable and the output are usually recognized).
- Go to the Control Panel in the Start menu.Further, according to the logic, look for the Sound and audio devices (in the corresponding Sound column) or the Sound Effect Manager (it depends on what windows you have, but the essence is the sound setting).
- Adjust the sound in the settings, check the volume and other parameters.
Connect speakers 5.1
- You can connect a more advanced audio system to the computer - 5.1 or even 7.1. If there are only three outputs, then for the 7.1 system. have to use a sound card (sold separately).
- The essence of connecting 5.1 speakers is generally the same as connecting a simple audio system. At connection it is necessary to be guided by colors.
- Observe the polarity of the connectors when you connect the power, subwoofer, speakers. All connectors must be enabled.
- Columns of the system 5.1 have a strict certainty of location. There are front speakers, rear and center. This should be taken into account when connecting and distributing the speakers in the room; the correct arrangement will ensure high-quality surround sound. So, the cable for the front speakers is connected to the green connector; rear speakers connect to a blue (or black) connector.
- The subwoofer is connected to the pink connector, where the microphone is usually connected.This is the inconvenience, if you need to connect a microphone, you have to turn off the entire audio system.
- In the sound settings (in the Control Panel, as mentioned above) you need to make a choice of six channel mode.
- In the settings you can not only adjust the volume setting. The sound effects manager (and they are effects) will allow you to select, for example, the desired timbre using the Equalizer; depending on the source (DVD, studio, CD) you can choose the sound quality; pick up different sound effects depending on the setting.
- Sound settings can be opened at the time of connecting the speakers. Some motherboards are set up so that when you connect the cable to the jack, each time a special window appears where you are asked to confirm the connection of one channel or another (right, left, rear, etc.). In accordance with this scheme, you can confirm the connection or change functions.