How to connect the boiler?
Watch the video
The boiler is designed to heat water in the local water supply system. The use of a water heater is important among the owners of country houses, as well as urban residents in the summer, as often urban services turn off hot water for a certain period.
For the device to last longer, it is important to properly connect the boiler.
How to connect an electric boiler
Installation of equipment
- First, determine the location of the water heater installation: the optimal place is in the corner above the toilet or in a specially equipped cabinet. Pick up a place so that the socket for connecting the boiler to the network is at a proper distance from the water supply system.
- Next, you need to drill holes in the wall with a perforator or a hammer drill.
- Then drive two spikes into the holes.
- Then attach the support part (holder) to the wall with fasteners to fix the heater.
- Hang the boiler on the holder.
Connect the water heater to the water supply
- Connect a safety valve to the equipment inlet(which serves to relieve pressure).
- Next to the valve, attach the tube to access the water.
- Connect the other end of the pipe to the cold water pipe.
- The second tube is mounted to the output connection of the boiler and plumbing.
- In addition, the valve of the water heater must be connected to the sewer with a hose.
- Install a water filter.
Connecting the water heater to the power supply
- To connect the boiler to electricity, you need two hundred twenty volts of power, which comes from the flat panel;
- To connect the water heater to electricity, you will need a three-core cable made of copper, consisting of a double insulation layer (for example, power cable VVG).
- Before the start of electrical work, you must de-energize the apartment by turning off the machine on your dashboard.
- Swipe the cable from the flat panel into the apartment. In this case, it is necessary to provide the shield with a protective shutdown device (it happens that the device comes in configuration with a water heater).
- The boiler needs an obligatory grounding.Therefore, to connect, you must use a three-phase outlet with grounding. At the same time for safety should choose moisture-proof sockets. In addition, the yellow (green) core of the cable goes to the shield ground bus.
- Install the connecting cable into the wall or mask it withdecorative box.
- Usually, devices with low power are directly connected to the outlet. In the opposite case, or if the water heater is not equipped with a cord with a plug, you should connect the boiler directly.
- To do this, you must conduct a cable to the boiler (if possible, you must allocate a separate shield for the heater).
- If in the first case the device is disconnected from the network by removing the plug from the outlet, in the second case an automatic switch is required. In addition, the automaton is entrusted with the function of protecting the device from energy surges (a sufficiently powerful automaton is required - at least sixteen amperes).
- When connecting directly, it is also worthwhile to take care of the installation of a safety device (the nominal value must be less than the nominal value of the machine).
The final stage of connection
Before you turn on the boiler in the network, you must fill it with water.Only then can you turn the machine back on the dashboard and connect the water heater.
Before you begin work on connecting the water heater to electricity andplumbing, carefully read the instructions and study the attached diagrams. Pay special attention to the power supply and do not forget about safety.
When installing the equipment, make sure that the boiler is securely fixed to the mounting base. It is also necessary to provide access to the equipment, as the boiler will need further maintenance (internal cleaning of scale, blockages, etc.).
If you are not confident in your abilities, then it is better to contact a qualified specialist.