How to clean the coffee machine from scale and plaque
Fans of fragrant and invigorating drink a lot. For its preparation, you can use not only a Turk, but also a coffee machine, which can quickly become contaminated. The article will discuss how to clean the device from scale with the help of folk remedies and household chemicals.
Before cleaning the machine, read the instructions. Some units are equipped with the function "automatic cleaning". If there is no such function, then you can clean it using available tools.
- Unplug the device from the network.
- Pulling the plug out of the socket, do not pull on the power cord.
- It is forbidden to use a faulty device and a damaged cable.
- It is forbidden to wash the appliance and its parts in the dishwasher.
- Do not immerse the coffee machine in water.
- Do not expose to natural precipitation.
- Before cleaning the machine must be placed on a flat surface.
- It is forbidden to place the unit on a hot surface, cookers, boilers.
- The device must be kept away from children and pets.
With proper operation and timely cleaning, it is guaranteed that the coffee machine will last a long time and will smoothly prepare a delicious and aromatic coffee. Cleaning should be carried out once every 2-3 months or after brewing 250 cups. The main thing is to properly care, do not be lazy.
The best folk remedies against scale and plaque
Cleaning the coffee machine at home is easy, but sometimes fans ignore it. If you do not fight with scum, it can break. And the rejection of regular cleansing will negatively affect the taste of the drink.
You can carry out all the manipulations yourself using the folk remedies.
Another effective way to clean the coffee machine. It gives you the opportunity to get rid of lime scale.
- Prepare the vinegar solution: mix water and vinegar in equal proportions.
- We fill the reservoir with composition and hold it for 2.5-3 hours.
- Turn on the device in cooking mode and run several times.
- To get rid of the unpleasant smell, we fill the tank to the top with water and use the coffee preparation program 2-3 times.
- After manipulations, wipe with a wet, and then dry cloth.
Soda is recommended to be used for cleaning once a week. You will need to disassemble the coffee machine, removing all removable parts.
- Prepare a soda solution: pour warm water into a cup, add 5-8 tablespoons of soda, stir until a slurry is obtained.
- Apply to the details of the device. After an hour, rinse thoroughly with water.
This cleanser will help get rid of dirt.
- Make sure that there are no coffee residues in the car.
- Remove the tank, wash thoroughly.
- In the tank add 1 liter of water, 30 grams of citric acid.
- If the coffee machine has a self-cleaning function, you need to turn it on. If there is no such function, simply turn on the coffee brewing program. It must be performed until all liquid has been consumed from the container.
- After completion of rinsing. Remove the tank, rinse, fill with clean water. We put in place, run the program of preparation of the drink. The container must be completely clean.
This method deserves attention. With the help of Coca-Cola, you can effortlessly clean the coffee machine from scale, mineral sediment. The cleaning property of soda is due to the fact that it contains orthophosphoric acid, which destroys the sediment, facilitating cleaning.
The recipe for cleaning Coca-Cola is simple. Pour the drink in the car so that it covers the bottom and the inner walls. Turn on the electric device, let it work for 1 hour. Then pour the contents, and wipe the device with a soft cloth, rinse.
If necessary, you can start the unit with clean water. Instead of Coca-Cola, it is permissible to use Fantu, Sprite, Pepsi.
This method is applied similarly to the previous one. In 1 liter of water, add half a glass of alcohol, the composition is poured into the apparatus. The brewing program is used. Upon completion, the appliance is washed and boiled with clean water again.
Manual washing of the brewing unit and dairy tract
All modern models of coffee brewing machines have an indicator. He reports that it is necessary to clean the milk route and the brewing unit.
The manual describes in detail the procedure for manual washing. You can use special tools, but this is optional.
- Disassemble the coffee machine.
- Remove the brewing unit, the milk path.
- Gently descale.
- Rinse under running water.
- Dry before installation.
Household chemicals for cleaning
For cleaning, you can use liquid products that allow you to get rid of lime deposits. They include baking soda, benzotriazole, sulfamic and maleic acids. The choice depends on the model. Mainly used products of brands Swirl, Top House, Delongi, Topper.
Popular tablets from scum. They are divided into 2 species.
- Purified from essential oils.
- Clear from scale.
Demand tablets Top House, Calc, Decalcifer, Descaling¸ Saeco, Cleans. In their composition there are maleic and sulfamic acids, baking soda, benzotriazole.
Proper operation of the coffee machine - the key to long-term service. So that the machine does not upset breakdowns, follow the rules of service.
- Use only for purpose.
- Do not confuse containers.
- Use high-quality coffees.
- Do not put ground coffee in the grain compartment; the machine may be damaged.
- Do not turn off during operation.
- Do not overload.
- Descale regularly.
- Use detox programs for cleaning.
If you regularly carry out prophylaxis, the coffee machine will always give a great drink with an enchanting aroma.
I will give a few recommendations, thanks to which it will be easy and simple to clean the coffee machine.
- Some models have a removable tank. It must be removed and cleaned separately.
- Carefully read the instructions.
- If there is a self-cleaning function, be sure to use it.
- Folk cleaning methods need to be tested. With a cotton swab, apply the prepared composition to the surface of the tank. After 15-20 minutes, if the surface has not changed, clean the entire device. If the container has become dark or, on the contrary, has become much brighter, use another cleaning method.
- In order not to take your time to clean, purchase a model with water filters. They need to be changed regularly.
- If after cleaning there is an unpleasant odor, rinse the machine, fill the tank with water and turn it on for a while. For fragrance, add coffee, but you should not drink it.
Adhering to all recommendations, be sure that the coffee machine will not fail. The task - to prepare a delicious, invigorating coffee to its owners is doable.