How much to read?
In the dynamically developing modern world, most people are constantly somewhere and have no time for something. Children sincerely do not understand why it is necessary to read a lot, and parents simply do not have time to explain the need for reading in human development. The habit of reading good books should be brought up from a young age. Modern teens prefer cinema, although the best actors and bright special effects are not able to convey the versatility of the characters, and the intricacy of the plots of many works. After all, the film lasts a maximum of two hours, and some books can be read all my life.
The whole world around us is a huge system in which there are many other smaller systems. A country, a city, a family, a computer, a flower, a person, a molecule - all these are systems of various sizes and levels of complexity. Accordingly, the knowledge we receive must be systematized so that in the future you can easily find the necessary information. Books serve as the key to create a database of data, and a person who reads a lot is easier to navigate in the information jungle. Such people achieve great success in their careers and personal lives.
Why do I need to read
To answer the question of why you need to read a lot, let's analyze the benefits that books bring to us:
- Systematization of information. A clear gradual disclosure of the issue in the books is sharply discordant with the fragmentary knowledge that we draw on the Internet. Book text can be used for many years, while the article found is forgotten after a couple of hours.
- Deep disclosure of the topic. Books are written by specialists in their field who value their reputation and time.
- Reliability of data. A professional will not disseminate false information to increase the rating of his publication for an hour, and websites often tell invented stories.
- Sources. All books have links to other paper sources of information, and clicking on a link does not threaten to spill over into the stream of spam.
- The uniqueness of the tips. The writer tries to explain the structure of the world from the standpoint of his knowledge, his thoughts and experiences. Usually authors are outstanding individuals who have achieved certain success and have something to learn. Therefore, in youth, you need to read more, because armed with someone else's experience, you can avoid many mistakes.
- The opportunity to dream.Books excite fantasy and help protect against the cruelty and imperfections of the modern world. Having opened the favorite novel, we completely plunge into reading, without noticing surrounding gray. We throw firewood-thoughts of our contemporaries and ancient philosophers into our brain-stove.
How to read more
We hope you understand that reading books - entertains, teaches, gives spiritual food, makes us smarter, richer and happier. Now let's look at how to learn to read a lot and memorize everything read forever:
- Be sure to tell others about what you read.
- If, while reading, you mentally pronounce what you are reading or pronounce words in a whisper - you significantly slow down the process of remembering and dispel attention.
- Write the read. When studying scientific or technical literature you can not do without notes.
- Complicated text is best remembered in the morning when the brain easily processes information. But if you read a lot of books before bedtime, you can harm your health and memory.
- Discussion of reading serves as a "cement" for memorization. In some countries, reading lovers unite in clubs, where they share with each other impressions of reading, personal opinions, give recommendations and tips on how much to read, and where to find an interesting book.
- Before reading the work, read the announcement or its criticism.
- Create for yourself comfortable conditions for reading. Sit back, turn off the TV, turn on the lights.
- Train your peripheral vision, trying to cover the maximum number of words with your eyes and do not look back at what you read.
We hope that using our advice, you will read many books of smart and good authors.