How do I open the keyboard?
During the operation of the keyboard,the need to open it in order to clean or replace an out-of-order element. But if the fixed keyboard is not suitable, then the question arises as to how to enter information on the computer. In this case, use the keyboard on the monitor screen.
In order to open the keyboard you need to prepare the following tools:
- the cloth;
- saucer or jar;
- a piece of paper;
- Disconnect the keyboard from the computer. If it has a PS / 2 or AT interface, disconnect should be done when the computer is not working, and the USB interface allows you to disable the keyboard when the computer is on or off.
- If you need to clean the keys, remove each key, pulling it a little at yourself.
- Then spread the cloth on the table and turn the keyboard over.
- We unscrew all screws and put them in a saucer. Since they can be of different lengths, we fix their location on a sheet of paper.
- We remove the bottom panel, but at the same time continue to hold the keyboard upside down.
- We lift a multilayered set of films and remove all pushers and put them in a jar.
- We turn out the screws that hold the PCB (the screws can be placed on top, in that case they are turned out in the third stage) and remove the set of films.
- If you are afraid of forgetting the extraction sequence of all the elements, you can write it to the sheet, and then on this data to build the keyboard.
- In this way, you can open the keyboard. If you need to clean the keyboard, the cleaning information can be found in the How to clean the keyboard.
A virtual keyboard is a keyboard thatopens on the screen of your monitor and is controlled by a mouse or a special joystick. In this case, you can also change the printing language, styles and font size.
In order to open the on-screen keyboard on the monitor screen, you can use one of the options.
- Go to the "Start" menu or press the win button on the keyboard.
- In this menu we select the section "All programs" and in the opened window we search for "Standard", in which the folder "Special features" is located. In the list that appears, select the on-screen keyboard.
If the first option is not suitable, you can try to open the virtual keyboard in the following way:
- We press on the keyboard win and the button e (latin alphabet) or we go to "My computer".
- Go to the "Windows" folder, in the system32 folder, select the osk.exe file.
- Then run this file.
Thus, using these recommendations, you can open a fixed keyboard for cleaning and repair, as well as open the onscreen keyboard to enter information on the computer.