Getting ready for the meeting: what should you take with you in the hospital?
Any maternity benefit recommendsprepare for childbirth from the beginning of the third trimester. Moreover, the training includes not only the basis of the correct psychological attitude to the process of delivery and behavior in childbirth. Much of the theoretical preparation for childbirth is a description of what needs to be prepared in the maternity ward for the mother and the future baby. As a rule, the list of all necessary consists of three parts: documents, things for the mother and things for the baby.
What should I take with me to the hospital?
First and foremost, that every pregnant woman shouldTo have with you, starting from the 30th week of pregnancy, are the documents. There are only three obligatory documents: an identity document (it can be a passport, residence permit, military ticket, etc.), a medical policy and an exchange card that is given out to every pregnant woman in the third trimester in a women's consultation. The need to have these three documents with you explains simply: childbirth is a process that can start suddenly, and a future mother may not be at home at this time. In addition, it will be necessary to include in the package of documents an agreement with the maternity home, a direction for cesarean section (in case of detection of abnormalities in the mother or fetus), as well as copies of the results of tests carried out additionally.
In addition to the documents, the future mother must compilean additional list of what to take to the hospital. The list of necessary things is prepared in advance together with the attending physician who is monitoring the pregnancy. Depending on what method of delivery is expected, and a list is made, but the general looks like this:
- clothing - an elongated tank top or a loose nightcapshirt in which you can give birth; disposable panties and diapers for adults; postpartum bandage; bathrobe; two pairs of socks are required; washable slippers; brassiere for nursing.
- hygienic means - postnatal pads, bra pads, cream from cracks on the nipples, toothpaste and brush, soap (preferably liquid), shampoo, comb,
- useful things - breast pump (it may not be needed, but it is still better to have it); charging for a mobile phone, a kettle and a set of dishes, a notepad for entries,
- food - a liter bottle of water without gas and a light snack, which will be needed immediately after birth.
What should I take with me to the hospital for my baby?
This is the most pleasant part of the fees in the hospital. After all, throughout the entire pregnancy, you looked after, and, probably, bought cute things for your baby. However, the list of what is needed in the hospital for the baby, involves a necessary and sufficient minimum. So:
- clothes - for every day of stay 1 setclothes, and therefore need at least 5 sets; 5 caps, both with strings, and without them; socks also have 5 pairs; "Scratches" are cotton mittens, if necessary.
- hygiene products - small packagediapers (on the last ultrasound is to find out the estimated weight of the child and, focusing on it, pick up the size of diapers); 2 cotton and 2 bikini diapers; plaid.
- drugs - green and hydrogen peroxide forprocessing of the navel, scissors for nails, a remedy for colic, a disposable syringe and a packet of a dry milk mixture (these two items may not be needed if the milk comes right away, feeding the baby with a syringe without a needle so as not to accustom to the bottle), cream from diaper rash.
At the request of the mother herself, the list of what is needed in the hospital for the baby can be expanded. It is also worth taking into account the recommendations of a doctor who watches a pregnant woman and develops a fetus.
Only for them two
And for mother and child there is a single listwhat you need to take with you to the hospital. The list of necessary things includes packing of disposable diapers in the size of 60 to 90 cm, cotton wool and sticks, bandage, wet wipes.
Childbirth behind, mother with baby ready to gohome. And here you need the last item of what you need in the hospital. Of course, clothes for discharge for both the baby and the mother. You do not need to take it in advance to the hospital, but it's worth it to cook. Mom can decide for herself what to wear. But the baby should be dressed carefully. If childbirth is forthcoming in the cold season, the baby is put on three layers - underwear, cotton outerwear, warm outer clothing and plaid. If childbirth is coming in hot season, then it will be enough to have a cotton kit and a thin blanket.