Diet for psoriasis
Psoriasis is a skin disease, in the form of rashes, which is considered to be a psychosomatic illness associated with psychological factors - due to stress, psoriasis can increase. It is associated with immunity and metabolism. At the same time, patients with psoriasis are often observed allergies and sensitivity in various products. Therefore, to avoid exacerbations it will be useful to introduce a special diet.
Diet for psoriasis excludes product groups that are difficult to assimilate. Food for psoriasis should be varied, simple and contain a large amount of vitamins.
Diet for psoriasis basic rules
- To exclude too fat, products with high content of protein, carbohydrates and cholesterol. Refuse smoked meat, fatty pork, lard, eggs and by-products, onions, garlic and horseradish, reduce the amount of butter, alcohol. Limit all too spicy, sour, fatty, salty and sweet.
- At the time of treatment, it is necessary to exclude products containing red pigment (natural dye) - tomatoes and its derivatives, red chili and Bulgarian pepper, berries and fruits of red color.
- Such a rigid diet is prescribed for patients with any type of psoriasis and excludes almost all groups of allergens, if there is no reaction to the product when the diet is disturbed, it can be returned to the diet.
What can you eat with psoriasis
- Porridge on the water, such as oatmeal or buckwheat. You can add fresh fruit to it.
- Fresh vegetables in various forms - stews, steamed vegetables, soups. The number of fresh vegetables is recommended to increase, relative to the usual diet, firstly they are rich in fiber, and secondly with vitamins.
- Not fatty meat - chicken, lean veal and beef, rabbit and turkey. Meat is better to cook boiled, steamed, stewed or baked in its own juice. A good option can be lean meat, it can be made into patties, meatballs or casseroles.
- Soup - light soups in vegetable, mushroom or chicken broth.
- Groats - buckwheat, millet, rice. It is better to use them as a side dish, instead of pasta or potatoes, as they contain carbohydrates that are not recommended for such a diet.
- Fruit - again, a large amount of fresh fruit, rich in vitamins. It can be used in the form of fruit salads, compotes and baked (apples, bananas).
- Fish - fresh river non-fatty varieties. Best boiled, baked or stewed. Fish can be lightly fried or can be cooked in foil.
- Green tea, or not strong black, also compotes from light fruit, raisins, dried apricots, prunes, apples, and also water.
Diet for psoriasis - menu
Thus, it is possible to make an exemplary menu per day with four meals a day.
- Breakfast - rice, pumpkin or oatmeal on water with dried fruits, fresh fruit, tea.
- Lunch - cutting from fresh vegetables, chicken soup with rice, meatballs with buckwheat or millet porridge, fruit compote.
- Tea time - oatmeal cookies with compote and fresh fruit.
- Dinner - fresh vegetables, rabbit stew with vegetables, or fish with rice, fruit salad, tea.
So, the diet for psoriasis is quite rigid, this menu is about, if you absolutely have no reactions to any products not listed in it, with the permission of the doctor, you can include them in your diet. The basic principles of the diet: do not overstretch your stomach with difficult to digest foods: fatty, spicy, salty, sweet; Avoid stimulating substances like alcohol, cigarettes, coffee; eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, eat foods rich in fiber; Avoid strong allergens.Do not break the diet on many points at once, otherwise it will be impossible to determine what caused the deterioration of the condition if it occurs. And most importantly, less nervous and worry. Take care of yourself and your body.