Diet after appendicitis
Any operation - there is an intervention in the vital activity of the organism, stress for it and even more so for the organ on which surgery was performed. It is logical that after the operation a person’s life changes somewhat. This concerns both his physical activity and his nutrition. Let's talk today about what constitutes a diet after appendicitis operation, how to behave, what to eat and what should be excluded.
Inflammation of the appendix
This is an inflammation of the appendix of the cecum as a result of the formation of pyogenous germs in it, as well as the presence of undigested food that closes the lumen of this process.
Let's try to build a simple chain of reasoning, logically leading to our topic. Inflammation occurs in the intestines, surgery is the removal of the appendix. Can you imagine what kind of stress it is for the body - the removal of its part? The intestine is one of the most important organs of digestion. Now (after the operation) the intestines are weak and the processing of ordinary, familiar food is beyond his power. Otherwise, you only aggravate the situation.
Conclusion: diet after removal of appendicitis is a must. In the first days - more stringent, in order not only to reduce the load, but also help restore the body, give it strength. Subsequently - maintaining the body and its preparation for the transition to the usual way of eating.
Diet after appendicitis: rules
- Meals should be frequent, but in small portions. This will allow the intestines to work without overstretching, digesting small portions; and you will not have time to get hungry.
- Chew food thoroughly and for a long time, even liquid food must be held ("drive") in the mouth. So food is enveloped in saliva, it is partially split in the mouth under the action of enzymes of saliva, this greatly simplifies the work of the stomach and intestines.
- The basis of the food should be drinks (see below) and liquid, steamed, pureed food. A weakened body is unable to process rough, solid food. He needs energy to recover, not to process heavy food.
- Make a diet in advance, it is better to issue it on paper. So it will be easier for you to observe proper nutrition.
- The first 2-3 days - strict adherence to the rules of nutrition.Liquid and jelly-like food, no solid food, even in the form of mashed potatoes.
- Food should not be very hot or very cold.
- Go on a regular diet, to the use of familiar foods should be gradually! It is also worth consulting with your doctor about when to start the transition.
What can be after appendicitis
In the early days, you can include in the diet:
- sweet tea;
- fruit and berry jelly;
- sweet broth hips;
- rice water;
- oat jelly;
- weak broth from lean meat (white).
After a few days (you can consult with your doctor) you can add the following types of food.
- In addition to broth, you can light soups. Vegetable broth with the addition of carrots, zucchini, beets, onions, can be a little potatoes. It will be good to pereteret vegetables, you get a wonderful soup-puree. You can add greens. (On the prohibitions of preparation in the chapter "What is not allowed after appendicitis").
- On the second - vegetables and vegetable omelets, mushrooms and pasta casseroles.
- Kashi, well steamed. Rice, buckwheat, oatmeal, you can eat them with vegetables.
- Meat and fish. Meat only lean (the best - rabbit). Fish is useful sea.Add steamed vegetables to dishes.
- Dairy products with reduced fat content. Yogurts with bifidobacteria, kefir. Remember that they should not be cold. Remove from the refrigerator in advance so that they reach room temperature (just do not forget about them).
- Berries and fruits: peaches, oranges, tangerines, raspberries, strawberries.
- Sweets: honey, prunes, marshmallows, dates, dried apricots, figs.
What can not be after appendicitis
- For the first three days, milk and solid foods are prohibited, even in the form of mashed potatoes.
- You can not fish soups, pickle, okroshka, pea soup.
- Do not use salt, pepper and other spices in the process of cooking.
- Prohibited ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise and all such fatty sauces and gravies.
- Do not get carried away with potatoes, there is a lot of starch in it, which is hard for digestion; as well as cabbage (fermentation in the intestines).
- It excludes fatty meats, lard, ham, smoked meats, sausages, sausages, etc.
- Pears, nectarines, grapes are excluded due to the high sugar content.
- From sweets: sugar, cakes, pies, cakes and all of them.
- In general, fried, fatty, smoked, spicy, pickled, various twists and blanks (with vinegar content - all the more) cannot be; canned food.
- Carbonated drinks, strong coffee, alcohol (!).
This is the general diet after appendicitis.It is possible to make adjustments in view of the individual characteristics of each.